Green Travels: Denver "Snooze" Sustainable Eatery
On a recent family visit to Denver, I had a DELICIOUS sustainable restaurant experience I wanted to share! Snooze on 2262 Larimer St was quite the brunch treat.
Being the greenie I am, I noticed the recycle & composting signs throughout the restaurant (the trashcan in the bathroom requested only paper towels & compostable products). I suspected other green practices to follow suite and found their eco-friendly actions on their Snooze-licious website:
- Energy and water efficiency and conservation – we actually buy carbon offsets, are completely neutral in our operations and purchase alternative energy for consumption
- Recycle everything possible
- Compost everything possible
- Sustainable local food, organic ideally
- Recycled, organic and/or chlorine-free paper products – check out our sugarcane by-product take-away containers and corn based straws!
- Non-toxic cleaning and chemical products
- Provide employee education and incentive to act accordingly
- We’re beginning our foray into sustainable development and construction!
Snooze could easily have fit in Northern Liberties – so I definitely felt at home in a hipster habitat. The servers could have been No’ Libs transplants and gave a free pancake if you named the artist currently playing their tunes (Luckily, I guessed Iron & Wine… and scored my table a free cranberry & deliciousness pancake!) Oh, and the Huevos Rancheros I ordered… absolutely phenom! Need a morning pick-me-up? Mimosas were quite the icing on the cake. Interested in traveling?
If you make the Trek to Denver soon, check them out at:
- Ballpark @ Park Ave & Larimer: 303.297.0700
- 7CO @ 700 N Colorado Blvd: 303.736.6200
- Ft Collins @ College & Mountain: THIS SPRING!
Posted by Julie