Green Philly – Editorial, Summer 2019
DESCRIPTION: Want a career that combines passion with action? Meet sustainability professionals, learn the insider scoop and have a digital resume after this internship is complete. The Green Philly Editorial internship combines real-life journalism and marketing skills for an audience that cares about making a difference. The editorial interns at Green Philly are instrumental in increasing the content on our website, including research, interviews, attending events and networking within the industry. At the end of the semester, you’ll have an online, real-world portfolio full of content that future employers can see. Plus, you’ll learn how to optimize SEO, social media and more. Editorial Intern The interns will be responsible for brainstorming topics, drafting content, interviewing and publishing stories.
· Contributing to the Editorial process from topic creation to publishing content
· Write assigned stories from sources including interviews, press events and press releases.
· Strong writing skills in a variety of formats, especially articles
· Excellent communication skills, team player, interested in sustainability
· Ability to meet deadlines, multitask and gather information from a variety of partners.
· WordPress Experience (Optional) Although a variety of majors are considered, journalism and marketing students are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note this is an unpaid internship, which will run (approximately) May – end of August, with the possibility to renew the internship for the summer. Commitment each week is 15-20 hours with at least 6-8 hours on-site in our Center City Office each week.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover to email@example.com with the subject line EDITORIAL SUMMER INTERNSHIP for consideration.
Deadline to apply: May 11, 2019
About Green Philly: Green Philly was founded in 2008 to help people live a more sustainable lifestyle and make healthier choices. We are growing the local sustainability community through online content, live events and resources. Interning with Green Philly will give you real world experience with websites, social media, business, analytics, editing, writing, and networking with professional contacts. You’ll learn firsthand from marketing professionals that are passionate about what they do every day.