Green Philly – Events & Marketing Intern, Summer 2019
DESCRIPTION : The Green Philly internship enhances multitasking, event planning and marketing skills for an audience that cares about making a difference. The events and marketing intern at Green Philly will be focusing on social media, email newsletters and event scheduling. At the end of the semester, you’ll have an online, real-world portfolio full of content for future employers and learn how to optimize SEO, social media skills and more. Digital Marketing Intern The interns will be responsible for scheduling events details, handling social media and email content.
· Creating content for social media profiles
· Organizing and drafting email newsletter each month
· Communicating with editorial team to ensure seamless online presence
· Help to plan, organize and execute events from behind the scenes to assisting on-site with local events
· Assist with event planning process, including nominations, communications, event promotions and media partners.
· Create marketing collateral for events
· Draft communications to event partners, attendees, nominees and more.
· Excellent communication skills, team player, interested in sustainability
· Ability to meet deadlines, multitask and gather information from a variety of partners.
· Photoshop, Canva or additional apps (Optional) Although a variety of majors are considered, marketing and video students are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note this is an unpaid internship, which runs (approximately) May – end of August, with the possibility to renew the internship for the summer. Commitment each week is 15-20 hours with at least partial time on-site in our Center City Office.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line EVENTS AND MARKETING SUMMER INTERNSHIP for consideration.
Deadline to apply: Rolling Deadline Date, please apply ASAP
About Green Philly: Green Philly was founded in 2008 to help people live a more sustainable lifestyle and make healthier choices. We are growing the local sustainability community through online content, live events and resources. Interning with Green Philly will give you real world experience with websites, social media, business, analytics, editing, writing, and networking with professional contacts. You’ll learn firsthand from professionals that are passionate about what they do every day.