- This event has passed.
The Plus Swap: 2nd Annual Plus Size Clothing Swap of Greater Philadelphia
October 30, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Sponsored by Instagram’s SellTradePlus, curated online consignment shop with a focus on sustainability and slow fashion for sizes XL and up.
- You must bring clothing items to swap in order to enter the event! Even with the purchase of a ticket, you must bring 5 items to swap with other participants. You are able to bring as many items as you wish but you must bring at least 5. Please be reasonable and bring organized, clean clothing that you would be happy to see at such an event.
- Bring an extra bag for your swaps; we may not have extras available.
- Questions: please contact The Plus Swap via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send a DM on Instagram (@phillyplusswap).
- VIP tickets will include a Retold Recycling bag, so you can send all of your old, ripped, and stained clothing for recycling; a commemorative sticker, 1 (one) FREE raffle ticket!
- General Admission tickets include 3 hours of swapping, music, and access to plus size vendors (will include discount code from The Rounds for a month of free deliveries)
- Scholarship tickets will be provided to those who cannot purchase tickets; please email email@example.com or DM @phillyplusswap by 9/30 with your circumstances. If you’d like to sponsor a scholarship ticket, please use the DONATION option in the ticket purchasing window, general admission tickets are $10.
Proceeds will help cover costs of the event. Raffle ticket price TBD.
- Complimentary Botox Session: 20 units of Botox by board certified dermatologist, Dr. Marissa Milchak of Ringpfeil Dermatology, additional Botox units may be purchased at a 20% discount ($320 value)
- Gift Basket by Good Buy Supply, a bulk refillery in South Philadelphia
- Gift Basket by The Rounds, zero-waste refills and deliveries ($35 value)
- Gift Card from Curve Conscious, a new and used plus size retail store based online
- Gift Card from Curvy and Seductive, a plus size lingerie brand
- Glass Pumpkin Art by QueerlyMadeArts
- Raffle Basket sponsored by Move with Pride, a Philly-based realtor helping folks of all genders, sexualities, and family structures buy and sell homes with confidence ($50 value)
- C?BD Gummies from Thrive Flower
- Gift Card for FABScrap, a Philly & NYC org that is rethinking textile waste and providing reuse and recycling of textiles for businesses
Guidelines – MUST READ!
- A ticket is required for entry to support the cost of the event space.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring at least 5 items to swap and must bring items that meet the guidelines. If you’re bringing more than 20 items, please be prepared to take excess items with you.
- All clothing must be adult size 14 and up. Items labeled “XL” are welcome.
- All brands of clothing are welcome.
- Please limit your vintage items to those that are in excellent condition.
- All clothing must be clean and preferably free from strong fragrances, especially perfume, smoke, and pet dander.
- All clothing should be in good, wearable condition. No holes, rips, or stains. Some small imperfections may be okay as long as they do not affect wearing the garment.
- Do not bring beaded items that are in need of repair.
- Do not bring glittery items.
- All seasons and occasions are welcome, i.e. winter coats, cocktail dresses, etc.
- Shoes (low heels, flats, and athletic shoes only), athletic wear (lightly used, please), outerwear are welcome.
- Please do not bring accessories, costumes, lingerie, children’s clothing, or jewelry.