- This event has passed.
Smart Cities Climate Change Solutions from Philadelphia & Europe
May 3, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Supported by the European Union Delegation to the United States
Taking Active Local Response to Climate Change: Smart Cities Solutions from Philadelphia & Europe
A Video Showcase & Panel Discussion, followed by Refreshments and Light Fare
Featuring speakers from:
- The Mayor’s Office of Sustainability
- Philadelphia Water
- CUSP – Climate and Urban Systems Partnership Philadelphia
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- European Electric Vehicle Charging Sector
- Italian Smart Cities Sector
Featuring representatives and exhibits from Philadelphia Organizations:
- The Resource Exchange
- The GREEN Program
- Energy Coordinating Agency
- Clean Air Council
- The Franklin Institute
This EU-supported event is free and open to the public. RSVP required.
Fighting air pollution. Controlling flooding. Cutting emissions and global warming. Reducing waste streams.
Cities are responsible for 70% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. Learn how Philadelphia & cities in the European Union are turning the tide on climate change with strong community action at the local level.
At this engaging event, we welcome the public to join us and learn:
- What are the leading efforts Philadelphia is taking to safeguard the city from climate change?
- What can we learn from the frontline climate change experience of leading European cities?
- How can we forge links between our city and Europe to make Philadelphia a cleaner, healthier, and greener city?
See extraordinary videos showcasing climate change resilience projects from around Philadelphia, and across Europe
Meet dynamic panel speakers and network with like-minded citizens.
Bring your experiences and questions to the discussion.
For more info, please visit euroinnovation.org
A valid photo ID must be presented to security upon entering the building.
— Due to Temple University regulations, this event is 18+ —