- This event has passed.
Friends of the Wissahickon’s Super Mega Volunteer Service Day
June 1, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Friends of the Wissahickon (FOW) is celebrating 95 years as stewards of Wissahickon Valley Park with a Super Mega Volunteer Service Day Service day taking place simultaneously at 10 different park entrances. FOW hopes to recruit 500 volunteers – 50 at each location – to help beautify the park by removing trash and recycling, clearing invasive plants, and planting native trees and flowers.
No experience or equipment needed. The Super Mega event takes place from 9 a.m.-noon at these sites throughout the park:
- Ten Box and Historic Rittenhouse Town – meet at the Upper Lot at Historic Rittenhouse Town
- Ridge Avenue Trailhead – meet at the Philadelphia Canoe Club
- Blue Bell Hill – meet at the Blue Bell Picnic Pavilion
- Saylor’s Grove – meet at Wissahickon Avenue and W. Rittenhouse Street
- Wigard Avenue Trailhead – meet at Wigard Avenue off Henry Ave.
- Airy Avenue Trailhead – meeting at West Mt. Airy and Mt. Airy Terraces
- Lavender Trail and Covered Bridge – meet at the Crefeld Street Trailhead
- Wissahickon Environmental Center – meet at the upper parking lot on Northwestern Ave. (Roxborough side)
- Bells Mill (East and West) – meet at Bell’s Mill Rd. and Forbidden Drive
- Houston Meadow – meet at Courtesy Stables
After the day’s service is done, everyone’s invited to join a celebratory picnic from 12:30-2:30 p.m. at Historic Rittenhouse Town.
Interested volunteers, register at fow.org/supermega.
Local businesses or nonprofits interested in supporting the Super Mega Volunteer Service Day are invited to contact Sarah Marley at email@example.com.